Spiced bulgar wheat
- 400g can Asda Chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 150g frozen peas
- 175g organic bulgar wheat
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 bunch spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and sliced
- 1 green pepper, de-seeded and sliced
- 100g unsalted cashew nuts
- 2 tbsp Asda Extra Special Bonfire Rub
- Fresh coriander, chopped (or flat leaf parsley)
Put the chickpeas and peas in a pan with 225ml boiling water. Cover and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat, add the bulgar wheat, cover and set aside for 10 minutes.
Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the spring onions and peppers for 3-4 minutes. Add the cashew nuts and cook, stirring, until they start to turn golden.
Add the bonfire rub and stir over a low heat for 2 minutes.
Add to the bulgar wheat and stir to mix. Heat gently, stir in the coriander or parsley if using, and serve.