What do you get when you cross your favourite pastry with your favourite hot drink? Pure comfort food heaven!
It's spiced latte season and we're here to mix it up with this tear 'n' share treat. Keep scrolling to find out how we whipped up this easy, dreamy dish...
what you will need
- 270g pack Jus-Rol 6 Cinnamon Swirls dough
- 2tsp apricot jam
- ¼tsp vanilla extract
- ¼tsp mixed spice
- ⅛tsp ground nutmeg
- ½tsp instant espresso powder, such as Nescafé Azera Espresso
- Small pinch cinnamon (optional)
step by step
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6. Line an 18cm round cake tin with a piece of baking paper large enough to overhang the sides.
- Slice the log of cinnamon swirls into 6 pieces and arrange in the tin with one in the centre and the rest evenly spaced surrounding it.
- Gently warm the jam until melted, then stir in the vanilla extract, mixed spice and nutmeg until smooth. Brush over the tops of the cinnamon swirls.
- Put in the oven and bake for 15-18 mins, until dark golden brown and puffed up. Cool in the tin for 5 mins.
- Meanwhile, dissolve the espresso powder in 1tsp boiling water and allow to cool completely. Mix in the tub of icing sugar from the cinnamon swirls pack until smooth.
- Using the overhanging baking paper, carefully lift the cinnamon buns onto a board or serving plate. Drizzle over the espresso icing.
- Allow to set for 5 mins then sprinkle with a pinch of cinnamon, if using, to serve.
Will you be giving this one a go? Head in store or online to grab your ingredients and be sure to tag @Asda in your creations!