Spiced crumbed mackerel
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for greasing
- 400g pack Asda Frozen Mackerel Fillets
- 1 lemon
- 600g new potatoes
- 75g breadcrumbs, made from bread 2-3 days old
- 1 level tsp smoked paprika
- 31g pack fresh chives, chopped
- 31g pack fresh parsley, leaves only, chopped
- 350g pack cherry tomatoes
- 350g green beans, to serve
Pre-heat the oven to 190C/170 Fan/Gas 5. Lightly grease a roasting tin with oil and place the mackerel fillets on it.
Grate the zest from the lemon. Squeeze the juice from half the lemon over the mackerel. Cover with foil, sealing it around the edges of the tin. Bake for 12 minutes.
While the fish is cooking, boil the potatoes until tender.
Mix the zest and juice from the other lemon half with the breadcrumbs, paprika, 2 tsp of the oil and a rounded tbsp each of chives and parsley.
Remove the foil from the fish and drain off any juices. Put the crumb mixture on top of the fish, pressing it on lightly. Return to the oven and cook, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes.
Put the cherry tomatoes on a baking tray and cook in the oven for the last 7 minutes.
Drain the potatoes and add the remaining oil. Stir in a tbsp each of chives and parsley and season with pepper.
Serve the mackerel with cherry tomatoes, potatoes and green beans.