Spiced Persian turkey
- 20g Chosen by you Korma Paste
- ½ Lemon, juice of
- 100g Chosen by you Natural Yogurt
- 1 tsp Chosen by you Clear Honey
- 150g Chosen by you Mayonnaise
- 4g Sumac Powder
- 4g Baharat Seasoning (see recipe below)
- 3g chopped coriander, plus 5g to go with carrots
- 400g Asda Extra Special Corn Fed Turkey, cooked
- 288g carrot ribbons
- Splash of lemon juice
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- To Serve
- Chosen by you Toasted Flaked Almonds
- Pomegranate seeds
- Sliced Medjool dates
- Fresh coriander
- Chargrilled flat breads
- For the Baharat
- 1 tbsp black peppercorns
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp whole cloves
- ½ tsp cardamom seeds
- 1 ½ tbsp allspice
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
Make the Baharat. Crush the peppercorns and seeds. Combine with the other spices. Store in an airtight container and use within 3 months.
Combine the korma paste, lemon juice, yogurt, honey, mayonnaise, spices and coriander. Leave for at least 4 hours. Ideally, make the day before and cool in the fridge.
Dice leftover turkey and mix into the sauce.
Place carrot ribbons on the plate and dress with chopped coriander, lemon juice and olive oil.
Top the carrot with spiced turkey. Garnish with almonds, pomegranate seeds, dates and coriander. Serve with chargrilled flat breads.