Spicy beef pasta bake
- 300g penne
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 500g pack Butcher's Selection Reduced Fat Beef Mince
- 1 tsp crushed dried chillies (optional)
- 2 x 390g cartons Chosen by you Chopped Tomatoes with Chilli & Peppers
- 200g Chosen by you frozen Sliced Mixed Peppers
- 75g bread (1-2 days old)
- 50g Chosen by you 30% Less Fat Light Mature Cheese, grated
Pre-heat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4.
Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta and stir well. Bring back to the boil, stir again, then simmer for 8-9 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes until soft but not coloured.
Add the mince and cook, using a wooden spoon to break up clumps, until brown. Stir in the chillies and tomatoes. Heat through, then add the peppers and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
Whizz the bread into crumbs in a processor, or with a hand-held blender, then mix in the cheese.
Put the cooked pasta into a large ovenproof dish. Pour over the mince mixture. Stir it all together, then sprinkle on the cheese and breadcrumbs. Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes, until the topping is golden.