Spicy peanut noodles with cucumber and kale salad
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 250g dried egg noodles
- 150g sliced curly kale, washed, woody stems removed and leaves torn into small pieces
- 1tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 100g broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1tbsp frozen Scratch Cook Chopped Garlic
- 50g pot Blue Dragon Red Curry Paste
- 2tbsp peanut butter
- Juice ½ lemon
- ½ cucumber, cut into matchsticks
Soak the onion in water for 15 mins. Drain and pat dry with kitchen roll.
Cook the noodles in boiling water for 4 mins. Drain and set aside.
Bring a pan of water to the boil, add the kale and cook for 1-2 mins until bright green. Drain, rinse under a cold tap and set aside.
Heat 2tsp oil in a wok or large frying pan. Stir-fry the carrots, broccoli, spring onions and garlic for 6-8 mins until starting to soften.
Stir through the curry paste, peanut butter and 2tbsp boiling water; add the noodles. Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 mins or until heated through.
For the salad, mix the rest of the oil with the lemon juice; season with pepper. Put the kale, onion and cucumber in a bowl and toss with the dressing. Serve with the noodles.