Spicy pear chutney
Be the first to rate this recipe
- 4 pears, peeled, cored and roughly chopped
- 1 medium Bramley apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 75g demerara sugar
- 30g sultanas
- 1-2 red chillies, chopped
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 1tsp coriander seeds, bashed
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 150ml white wine vinegar
- Cheese, biscuits and pear wedges, to serve
In a pan, cook the pears, apple and sugar for 12-15 mins until the fruit begins to caramelise.
Add the sultanas, chilli, mustard seeds, coriander, cumin and vinegar, and bring to a simmer. Cook for 10-15 mins until syrupy and the fruit is just tender.
Spoon into 2 hot sterilised jars, tightly close the lids and cool. Store in a cool, dark cupboard for 1 week before using, and up to 6 months. Refrigerate after opening. Use within 1 week.
Serve with cheese, biscuits and pear wedges.