- 4 chicken breasts (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 2cm piece root ginger (grated)
- 1 red chilli (de-seeded and finely chopped)
- 2 level tsp turmeric
- 2 level tsp ground coriander
- 1 level tbsp ground cumin
- 2 level tbsp Asda Garam Masala
- 200g tomatoes (chopped)
- 300g sweet potato - peeled weight (cut into cubes)
- 400g can chickpeas (drained)
- 350g bag Asda Spinach
- To Serve
- Asda Chosen by you Mini Poppadoms
- Tomato (side salad)
- Coriander (side salad)
- Red onion (side salad)
Toss the chicken in the lemon juice. Heat half the oil in a pan and cook the onion until soft. Add the garlic, ginger and chilli and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the pan.
Add the rest of the oil and the chicken. Cook, stirring often, for 4-5 minutes.
Stir in the onion, spices and 2 tbsp water. Cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes.
Add the tomatoes and 500ml water. Bring to the boil, partially cover, then simmer for 10 minutes.
Boil the sweet potato for 4 minutes. Drain. Add to the chicken with the chickpeas and spinach. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
Serve with poppadoms and the tomato side salad.