Spinach-stuffed chicken breasts
- 150g frozen spinach, thawed
- 75g ricotta
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 2 x 300g packs Butcher’s Selection British Chicken Breast Portions
- 4 rashers unsmoked streaky bacon
- 1tbsp rapeseed oil
- 500g baby potatoes, halved, or quartered if large
- 300g Grower’s Selection Chantenay Carrots, halved lengthways
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves only
Preheat the oven to 190C/170C Fan/Gas 5. Put the spinach in a sieve over a bowl, then squeeze out any excess liquid with the back of a spoon.
Mix together the spinach, ricotta, garlic and nutmeg; season with pepper.
Cut a deep ‘pocket’ in the thickest part of each chicken breast, taking care not to cut all the way through. Fill each pocket with some of the spinach mixture and close the meat around it.
Put the bacon on a chopping board. Run the back of a knife along each rasher, stretching it longer and thinner. Wrap a rasher around each chicken breast with the join underneath. Place them all on a large baking tray and brush the tops with 1tsp of the oil.
Put the remaining oil in a bowl with the potatoes, carrots and thyme, then toss to coat. Add to the baking tray.
Roast in the oven for 35-40 mins until the chicken is cooked through and veg is golden. Serve immediately.