Spring chicken casserole
- 1tbsp rapeseed oil
- 515g pack Butcher’s Selection British Chicken Boneless Thigh Fillets
- 2 leeks, cut into 2cm chunks
- 1tbsp cornflour
- 2tsp dried tarragon
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 140g self-raising flour
- 75g reduced-fat spread, softened
- 1tsp ground nutmeg
- 100g frozen peas
- 200g Frozen For Freshness Baby Carrots
- Sprig of tarragon, to garnish (optional)
Heat the oil in a pan and brown the chicken evenly on all sides. Add the leeks, cornflour, tarragon, stock cube and 300ml water and stir to combine. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 10 mins.
Meanwhile, mix together the flour, butter, ground nutmeg and a little water to create a thick dough. Shape into 10 walnut-sized dumplings.
Add the frozen peas and carrots to the pan and stir. Pop the dumplings on top.
Cover and simmer for 20-30 mins until the dumplings have risen and the chicken is cooked through. Serve garnished with a sprig of tarragon, if you like.