Spring green, chicken & butterbean soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 15g butter
- 2 leeks, trimmed and sliced
- 1 red chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 2 chicken breast fillets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 600ml chicken stock made with 1 stock cube
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 300g new potatoes, quartered or halved
- 250g spring greens, stems removed then shredded
- 400g can butterbeans, drained and rinsed
- 2-3 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 level tbsp cornflour, mixed with 3 tbsp cold water
Heat the oil and butter in a pan and cook the leeks over a low heat for 10 minutes, stirring. Add the chilli and cook for another minute. Add the chicken, stock and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
Add the potatoes, bring back to the boil, then cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
Add the beans and greens, bring back to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in the herbs and flour mixture and simmer for 2 minutes.