Spring veg, chicken and pasta broth with parsnip crisps
Be the first to rate this recipe
- 2 parsnips, ribboned with a vegetable peeler
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 250g Extra Special Roast Chicken Stock
- 50g Chosen by you Orzo Pasta
- 1 cooked chicken breast, finely shredded (or use leftover duck)
- 3 spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- 3 radishes, finely sliced
- 75g broad beans, shelled
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and cut into 1-2cm cubes
- 1tbsp chopped parsley
Preheat the oven to 200C/ 180C Fan/Gas 6. Toss the parsnip ribbons with the oil and spread over a nonstick baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 mins until slightly caramelised.
Mix the stock with 600ml water. Bring to a boil, add the pasta, then simmer for 8 mins.
Add the chicken and the rest of the vegetables. Cover and simmer for 3 mins. Stir in the parsley, top with the parsnip ribbons and serve.