Spring vegetable minestrone
- 2 sticks celery, finely chopped
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 reduced-salt vegetable stock cube
- 150g new potatoes or baby potatoes, cut into 2cm chunks
- 115g spaghetti, each strand broken into 4 pieces
- 100g green beans, trimmed and cut into 2 or 3 pieces
- 100g frozen broad beans
- 100g frozen peas
- 2tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2tbsp Asda Green Pesto
In a large pan, cook the celery and spring onions in the olive oil over a low heat for 5-6 mins, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and cook for 2 mins more.
Crumble in the stock cube, then add 1.3L water and the potatoes. Bring to the boil, then add the spaghetti and simmer fast for 4 mins.
Add the green beans, return to the boil then simmer fast for 4 mins.
Add the broad beans and frozen peas, return to the boil and simmer for another 5 mins.
Stir in the parsley and the pesto, then serve immediately.