Steak and mushroom pie
- 465g pack Asda Butcher's Selection Diced Casserole Beef
- 2 pinches dry mustard
- 1 level tbsp cornflour
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- Sprig of thyme
- 1 Knorr Reduced Salt Beef Stock Cube
- 1 level tbsp tomato purée
- 250g chestnut mushrooms halved
- 4 sheets chilled filo pastry (the rest of the pack can be frozen)
- 1 tbsp mild olive
Pre-heat the oven to 160C/140C/ Gas 3. Put the beef in a casserole dish. Mix the mustard with the cornflour and season with pepper. Sprinkle onto the meat and toss until evenly covered.
Add the onion and thyme. Dissolve the stock cube and tomato purée in 250ml hot water and add to the dish.
Cover with a lid and cook in the oven for 2 hours 30 minutes. If the lid of the dish does not fit tightly, cover the dish with a piece of foil and then put the lid on top.
Add the mushrooms to the dish. Cover again and return to the oven for another 30 minutes. Transfer to a pie dish.
Increase the oven temperatue to 220C/200C Fan/Gas 7. Lay the sheets of filo pastry on a work surface and brush lightly with oil. Scrunch up the pastry loosely and put on the meat to cover it. Bake for another 15 minutes, without the lid, until crisp and golden.