Steak & caramelised onion salad
- 2 baking potatoes
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 16 vine-ripened cherry tomatoes
- 2 level tsp soft brown sugar
- 2 large onions, halved and sliced
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Asda Extra Special Beef Fillet Steaks, about 275g each
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 level tsp Asda Coarse Grain Mustard
- 1/2 level tsp clear honey
- 90g bag mixed salad leaves
Pre-heat the oven to 220C/200 Fan/Gas 7. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Cut the potatoes into 1.5cm cubes, pat dry with kitchen paper, put in a bowl with 1 tbsp of the oil and toss until coated. Spread on the tray and cook for 35-40 minutes until crisp and golden.
Meanwhile, fry the onions in 1 tbsp of the oil over a low heat for 20 minutes, stirring often, until soft and golden. Add the sugar and balsamic vinegar and cook for 5-10 minutes until caramelised.
Put the tomatoes on a tray and bake with the potatoes for the last 5-10 minutes until the skins burst.
Griddle or grill the steaks for 2 minutes on each side or until medium. Leave to rest for 5 minutes, then slice thickly.
Whisk the rest of the oil with the cider vinegar, mustard and honey. Season and toss with the leaves. Put on a serving plate with the steak and vegetables. Serve immediately.