Steak, onion and parsnip pasties
- 255g Butcher’s Selection British Beef Rump Steak, trimmed of fat and cut into 1cm chunks
- ½ medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium parsnip, peeled and finely chopped
- 1tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1tbsp plain flour
- 375g Asda Ready Rolled Shortcrust Pastry
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- Extra Special Flame Roasted Tomato and Habanero Chilli Chutney, to serve
Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
In a large bowl, toss together the steak chunks, onion and parsnip with the Worcestershire sauce and flour until evenly coated. Season with plenty of freshly ground black pepper.
Cut the pastry into 6 and arrange the steak mixture over ½ of each piece, with a 1cm border all round.
Fold the other ½ of each pastry piece over the filling, then use your fingers to crimp the edges together, to seal.
Arrange the pasties on the baking tray and brush with the beaten egg, to glaze. Bake for 45-50 mins or until the pastry is crisp and golden. Serve warm with the chutney, to dip.