Steak with herb crumb topping
Be the first to rate this recipe
- 1 level tbsp Asda Extra Special Horseradish Sauce
- 2 level tsp Asda English Mustard
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme leaves, plus extra to serve
- 40g butter, melted
- 100g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 4 Asda Butcher's Selection Sirloin Steaks, about 200g each
- Salad, to serve
Pre-heat the grill to hot. In a small bowl, mix together the horseradish, mustard, spring onions, thyme and butter to form a paste. Add the breadcrumbs and stir well.
Grill the steaks for about 4 minutes on each side. Grills vary enormously in their heat and power, so you may need to adjust this time. Cook the steaks until they are to your liking.
Top with the crumb mixture, pressing it down very lightly. Return the steak to the grill and cook until the crumbs start to turn brown - this will take about a minute.
Sprinkle with more thyme leaves and cover loosely with a tent of foil. Leave to rest in a warm place for 5 minutes, before serving with salad.