Steak with onion marmalade
Be the first to rate this recipe
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for frying
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp light soft brown sugar
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 300g vine-ripened cherry tomatoes
- 4 x 175g Asda Sirloin Steaks (or Rump Steaks), fat trimmed
- 2 x 170g bags baby spinach
- 400g pack Asda Good For You Mashed Potato (optional)
Heat the oil in a heavy-based pan and cook the onion over a low heat for 15 minutes, until soft. Add the sugar and vinegar and simmer until syrupy. Season, tip into a dish and set aside.
Pre-heat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4. Put the tomatoes on a baking tray, sprinkle with olive oil and roast for 6 to 7 minutes.
Heat a non-stick griddle or frying pan until very hot. Add the steaks and cook for 1½ minutes on each side for medium (1 minute for rare, 2 to 3 minutes for well done). Heat the spinach in a non-stick pan, stirring until it wilts. Serve the steaks in the onion marmalade, spinach, roasted tomatoes and mashed potato, if using.