Be the first to rate this recipe
- 1.1kg pack Butcher's Selection Chicken Drumsticks
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 level tbsp paprika
- 2 level tsp mustard powder
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 3 tbsp ketchup
- 300g Asda Smart Price Long Grain Rice
- 100g Asda Smart Price Frozen Peas
- 100g Asda Smart Price Frozen Sweetcorn
- 400g can Asda Smart Price Red Kidney Beans, drained
Remove most of the skin from the chicken. Score the flesh with a sharp knife.
Put the chicken in a large ovenproof dish. Mix the oil with the garlic, soy, paprika and mustard and rub well into the chicken. Cover with foil and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Pre-heat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6 and bake the drumsticks for 20 minutes covered with the foil.
Remove from the oven and take off the foil. Mix together the chilli sauce and ketchup. Turn the drumsticks over and brush with the ketchup mixture. Return, uncovered, to the oven for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
Meanwhile, cook the rice until tender, adding the peas and sweetcorn for the last 5 minutes. Drain well. Heat the kidney beans and stir into the rice.