Stilton, chesnut and cranberry mini tarts
- 375g Asda Ready Rolled Shortcrust Pastry
- 1tbsp plain flour, for dusting
- 2 spring onions, trimmed of green leaves and finely sliced
- 2tsp chopped thyme leaves, plus 6 small sprigs, to garnish
- 1tsp rapeseed oil
- 30g dried cranberries
- 50g Merchant Gourmet Whole Chestnuts (ready to use), roughly chopped
- 75g Stilton, crumbled
- 2 medium eggs
- 150ml single cream
- Salad leaves, to serve
- 6tsp cranberry sauce, to serve
Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6. Unroll the pastry on a lightly floured surface and roll to the thickness of a £1 coin. Cut out 6 x 11cm rounds and use to line 6 x 8-9cm flan tins. Prick the bases and chill for 15 mins. Reduce the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4.
Lay a piece of foil over each pastry round and weigh down with baking beans or rice. Put on a baking tray and cook in the oven for 10 mins. Remove the foil and baking beans then return to the oven for 5 mins until the pastry is dry.
Cook the spring onions and thyme in the oil for 2 mins until softened. Divide them between the pastry cases. Scatter in the dried cranberries, chestnuts and Stilton, dividing them evenly.
Lightly beat together the egg and cream and season with pepper. Pour the mixture into the pastry cases and bake for 20-25 mins until set.
Serve each tart with salad leaves and 1tsp cranberry sauce on the side. Season with a good grind of fresh black pepper.