- 4 large aubergines
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 500g pack Asda Lamb Mince
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 level tbsp flour
- 1 level tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 level tsp dried oregano
- 1 lamb stock cube dissolved in 150ml hot water
- 3 tbsp tomato purée
- 75g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 50g fresh white breadcrumbs
Pre-heat the oven to 190C/170C Fan/Gas 5. Cut the aubergines in half and brush with oil. Bake, cut side up, for 10 minutes. Scoop out the flesh, leaving a ½ cm shell. Chop the flesh.
Fry the onion in the rest of the oil until soft. Add the lamb and aubergine flesh and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the garlic and cook for another minute. Drain off excess fat.
Stir in the flour, cinnamon and oregano. Add the stock and tomato purée, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add water if needed to prevent it from dying out.
Divide between the aubergine shells. Mix the cheese and breadcrumbs together and sprinkle on top. Bake for 15 minutes and serve with salad.