- 4 peppers
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 bunch spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 340g Asda's Butchers Selection Turkey Breast Mince (sold per kg)
- 1/2 level tsp mild chilli powder
- 1/2 level tsp paprika
- 1/2 level tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 level tsp ground coriander
- 227g can Napolina Chopped Tomatoes
- 100g carrot- grated
- 50g Sultanas
- 100ml Chicken stock made with 1/2 stock cube
- 250g couscous
- 2 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
Pre-heat the oven to 190C/170 Fan/ Gas 5. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Cut the tops off the peppers and set aside. Carefully scoop out the pith and seeds. Put the peppers on the tray and bake for 15 minutes to soften slightly.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a pan and fry the spring onions. Transfer half to a bowl and set aside. Add the mince to the pan and cook until it changes colour, stirring to prevent it forming clumps.
Add the different spices, tomatoes, carrots, sultanas and stock. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Fill the peppers with the mixture and replace the tops. Bake for 15 minutes.
Add the couscous to the remaining spring onions. Pour on 300ml boiling water, cover and soak for 5 minutes. Stir in the parsley, if using and serve with the peppers.