Summer berry Eton mess
- 454g punnet Asda Fresh Strawberries, washed, hulled and quartered
- 150g punnet Asda Fresh Raspberries
- 300ml Asda Whipping Cream, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 6 Asda Extra Special Meringues
- 100g dark chocolate, melted
- 25g toasted hazelnuts, crushed
Chop half of the strawberries into small pieces and mash well with the icing sugar.
If you would like a really smooth sauce, give the mixture a good 20 minutes to develop and then blitz with a stick blender. Squeeze through a sieve to remove all the pulpy bits.
Break the meringues into pieces. Chop the remaining strawberries and the raspberries and add to the meringue pieces.
Add the lightly beaten whipping cream and the strawberry sauce, drizzle with the melted chocolate and scattered nuts, and serve straightaway.