Summer turkey stew
Be the first to rate this recipe
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 leek, trimmed and sliced
- 535g pack Asda Butcher's Selection Turkey Breast Steaks, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 350ml stock, made with 1 Knorr Chicken Stock Cube
- 2 level tbsp tomato purée
- 2 level tbsp fresh thyme leaves (or 2 level tsp dried thyme or mixed dried herbs)
- 150g baby carrots, cut in half if large
- 150g frozen peas
- 150g green beans, halved
- 2 level tbsp cornflour
- New potatoes, boiled, to serve
Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large saucepan, add the leek and stir. Cover and cook over a low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a frying pan and cook half the turkey over a high heat, stirring often, until lightly brown all over. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining oil and turkey.
Add the turkey, stock, tomato purée and herbs to the pan and heat until simmering. Cover and simmer very gently for 25 minutes.
Add the carrots, cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the peas and beans, cover and simmer for another 5 minutes.
Mix the cornflour with 3 tbsp cold water. Stir into the pan and heat until slightly thickened. Serve with boiled new potatoes.