Sweet and sour chicken
- 200g easy cook long grain white rice, rinsed
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- 350g Asda Cook from Frozen Diced Chicken Breast
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and chopped into chunks
- 227g tin pineapple chunks, drained
- 3 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- 425g Sharwood’s 30% Less Sugar Sweet & Sour Cooking Sauce
- 60g Sharwood’s Prawn Crackers
Half fill a saucepan with water and bring to the boil. Add the rice and cook according to pack instructions, until tender. Drain in a sieve and keep warm.
Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat and fry the chicken pieces for 10 minutes until golden all over. Stir in the peppers, pineapple and most of the spring onions, leaving some of the green tops to serve.
Cook for another 5-10 minutes until the veg is tender and the chicken is cooked through.
Add the sauce, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add a splash of water if the sauce gets too thick.
Divide the rice between 4 plates and spoon over the chicken and sauce. Sprinkle over the reserved spring onions and serve with prawn crackers.