Sweet chilli tofu with soy broccoli and rice
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 400g firm-textured tofu, cubed and patted dry with kitchen roll
- 3tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- Juice 1 lime
- 250g rice, cooked according to the pack instructions, to serve
- 2 spring onions, sliced, to serve
- 1tbsp torn coriander, to serve
- STORE CUPBOARD
- 1tbsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2tbsp vegetable oil
- 1tbsp cornflour
- 1 reduced-salt vegetable stock cube made up to 300ml
Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/ Gas 6.
On a baking tray, toss the broccoli with the soy sauce and ½ the oil to coat. Pop in the oven for 20 mins.
Meanwhile, put the tofu in a bowl with the sweet chilli sauce. Stir to coat.
Heat the remaining oil in a large nonstick frying pan on medium-high. Add the tofu and cook for 12-14 mins, turning, until nicely charred all over.
Add the cornflour to the bowl the tofu was in. Mix with any chilli sauce left in it, then gradually stir in the stock.
Pour the mixture into the pan and boil until thickened. Add the lime juice.
Divide the rice between 4 plates. Top with the broccoli, tofu, spring onions and coriander to serve.