Sweet potato and coconut soup
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 3cm thumb-sized piece ginger, chopped
- 1tbsp rapeseed oil
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 reduced-salt vegetable stock cube
- 400ml reduced-fat coconut milk
- 2 spring onions, shredded, to serve
- Chilli flakes, to serve
In a lidded pan, fry the onion, garlic and ginger in the oil on medium for 10 mins to soften, not brown.
Add the sweet potatoes, stock cube and 1L boiling water. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 30 mins or until softened.
Stir in the coconut milk (reserving a little to serve) and blitz with a handheld blender until smooth. Divide between 6 bowls.
Drizzle with the reserved coconut milk; sprinkle with the spring onions, chilli flakes and some pepper.