Sweet potato and sausage pizza
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2cm chunks
- 100g ground almonds
- 2tsp smoked paprika
- 1tsp dried oregano
- 1tsp rapeseed oil, plus extra for greasing
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 2 Extra Special Classic Pork Sausages, meat squeezed out of casings
- 2tsp fennel seeds
- 4tbsp tomato passata with basil
- ½ x 125g ball light mozzarella, torn and patted dry
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 10g Parmesan shavings
- Watercress, to serve
Preheat the oven to 220C/200C Fan/Gas 7.
Put the sweet potato in a bowl with 1tbsp water, cover with clingfilm and microwave on high for 15 mins until very soft. Leave to cool slightly. Mash with the almonds, paprika and oregano until smooth.
Line a large baking tray with nonstick baking paper and lightly grease. Spread the sweet potato mixture into a 5mm deep rectangle. Bake for 10 mins.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a pan on high and add the onion, sausages and fennel. Fry for 6 mins, breaking up the sausage meat with the back of a wooden spoon.
Spread the passata over the pizza base, leaving 2cm around the edge. Top with the sausage mixture, mozzarella and tomatoes. Return to the oven for 10-15 mins until crisp and golden.
Top with the Parmesan, watercress and a grind of black pepper to serve.