Sweet potato bake
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil, plus extra for greasing
- 1 large red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 160g bag ready washed baby spinach
- 1kg sweet potatoes (750g peeled weight), thickly sliced
- 400ml semi-skimmed milk
- Pinch of cayenne
- 100g Asda Chosen by you 30% Less Fat Extra Mature British Cheese, grated
Pre-heat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6. Grease a 1L ovenproof dish. Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the onion over a medium heat until soft and turning golden.
Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the spinach and stir-fry until it wilts. Remove from the heat and set aside.
Put the potatoes in a pan with the milk, cayenne and a pinch of salt. Cover and heat until simmering. Simmer for 7-8 minutes, then season. Drain, reserving the milk.
Arrange half the potatoes over the bottom of the dish. Top with the spinach mixture and half the cheese, then cover with the rest of the potatoes. Pour in the milk.
Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top and bake for 40 minutes until golden.