Jalapeño chicken and sweet potato wedges
- 6 medium sweet potatoes, washed and cut into wedges
- 3 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 3 tbsp Asda Cajun seasoning
- 2 Asda chicken breast fillets, finely diced
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
- 500g Asda passata with chilli and peppers
- 2 tbsp of ketchup, brown or BBQ sauce
- 1 tsp Asda chipotle chilli flakes, plus extra to serve
- 150g Asda Mexican style jalapeños, drained
- 100g Asda 30% Less Fat Mature Cheddar
- 1 large avocado, stone removed, peeled and roughly mashed (optional)
- 6 tbsp reduced fat soured cream (optional)
- Chives, chopped, to serve (optional)
Preheat the oven to 220C/200C fan/Gas 7.
Place the sweet potato wedges in a large bowl with the 2 tbsp of rapeseed oil and 2 tbsp Cajun seasoning, toss together until evenly coated, tip onto 1 large or 2 smaller baking trays and arrange in a single layer. Cook for 35-40 minutes, turning halfway through until golden and tender in the middle.
Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and cook the chicken 5 minutes until starting to colour. Add the onions, and continue to fry for a further 3 minutes until the onions are beginning to soften. Stir in the remaining Cajun seasoning, passata, chilli flakes and sauce of choice. Bring to the boil, cover, reduce the heat and allow to simmer until your wedges are cooked.
Remove the wedges from the oven, tip into a serving dish and spoon over the barbecue chicken and the jalapeños. Scatter over the cheese and return to the oven for 5 minutes.
To serve, put the mashed avocado in a bowl (if using), and sprinkle with chilli flakes. If using, put the soured cream into another bowl and top with chives and black pepper. Serve the wedges immediately.