Sweet potato, quinoa & cannellini bean cakes
- 200g sweet potato (peeled weight), cut into large, even-sized chunks
- 200g potato (peeled weight), cut into large, even-sized chunks
- 300g can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 tsp crushed dried chilli flakes (optional)
- 75g quinoa
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley
- 4 vine-ripened tomatoes, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, stoned and cubed
- 200g sweetcorn, cooked and drained
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 1 lime, juice of
- Salad leaves, to serve
Pre-heat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Cook the potato chunks in a pan of boiling water for 10 minutes, then add the sweet potato and cook for another 10 minutes, or until tender.
Drain and return to the pan. Place on a low heat and cook for 1 minute, to steam off any liquid. Transfer to a large bowl and add the beans and chilli, if using.
Meanwhile, put the quinoa in another pan, cover with cold water and bring to the boil, then simmer for 12-15 minutes. Drain and add to the potato mixture.
Add the parsley, season with pepper then mash. Shape into 8 cakes, place on the baking tray and bake for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, make the salsa. Put the tomatoes, avocado, sweetcorn and spring onions in a bowl, add the lime juice, then mix well. Serve with the cakes, with salad leaves on the side.