Sweet potato, spinach and feta quiche
- 20g pack Jus-Rol Shortcrust Pastry Sheets
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1-2cm cubes
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 50g washed baby spinach leaves
- 275ml buttermilk (or substitute – if you don’t have any buttermilk, use 225ml plain natural yogurt mixed with 50ml milk instead)
- 2 large eggs
- 1tbsp chopped parsley
- 50g feta cheese
Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6. Line a 20cm flan dish with the pastry. Prick the base all over with a fork and cover with baking paper. Weigh down with baking beans or uncooked rice.
Bake for 10 mins. Remove the beans and paper and return to the oven for 5 mins. Set aside to cool slightly.
Reduce the oven to 180C/ 160C Fan/Gas 4. Heat the oil in a large nonstick frying pan and gently fry the sweet potato for 10 mins.
Add the onion and cook for a further 5 mins, stirring occasionally until tender and just starting to colour. Add the spinach and cook for 1 min. Transfer to the pastry case.
In a jug, whisk together the buttermilk, eggs and parsley. Pour over the filling in the pastry case then sprinkle over the feta.
Cook in the oven for 25 mins or until the filling has just set through to the middle. Serve straight away or leave to cool for later.