Sweet & sour chicken
- 4 tbsp Amoy Reduced Salt Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Asda Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 75ml orange juice
- 4 level tsp of cornflour
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 chicken breast fillets, cut into bite-size pieces
- 200g carrots, cut into short sticks
- 1 pepper, quartered, de-seeded and cut into strips
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 155g pack mangetout, sliced lengthways
- 300g fresh pineapple (weighed without skin and core), cut into bite-size pieces
- Rice, to serve
To make the sweet and sour sauce, mix the soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce, vinegar, honey, orange juice and cornflour until smooth. Add 50ml of water and set aside.
Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a wok and stir-fry the chicken for 4 minutes or until just cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside.
Wipe out the wok with kitchen paper. Add the rest of the oil to the wok and stir-fry the prepared carrots, red pepper, spring onions and mangetout for about 3-4 minutes.
Return the chicken to the wok and add the pinepple. Stir-fry until hot.
Stir the sweet and sour sauce, add to the wok and cook, stirring, until it boils and thickens. Serve with rice.