Sweet & sour chicken with rice
- 227g can Asda Pineapple in Juice
- 2 tbsp Asda Cider Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Asda Dark Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 level tbsp cornflour
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
- 2 tbsp groundnut oil (or sunflower oil)
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded
- 1 yellow pepper, de-seeded
- 150g carrots, peeled and cut into batons
- 125g mangetout, halved
- 3 spring onions, sliced diagonally
- Boiled brown rice, to serve
Drain the pineapple and put the juice in a basin. Cut the pineapple into bite-sized pieces and set aside. Add the vinegar, soy sauce, honey and ketchup to the juice. Mix in the cornflour with 2 tbsp cold water.
Fry the meat in the oil for 2-3 minutes.
Slice the peppers and add to the pan with the carrots. Stir-fry for 3 minutes.
Add the mangetout, spring onions and pineapple. Stir-fry for 30 seconds.
Pour in the sauce and stir until simmering. Simmer for 1-2 minutes, then serve with the boiled brown rice.