Sweet & sour turkey
- 200g brown long grain rice, to serve
- 227g can Asda Pineapple Chunks in Juice
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Asda Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 1 level tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 340g turkey breast fillet, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 200g carrots, cut into batons
- 200g mangetout, halved
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and sliced
Rinse the rice under cold running water in a sieve. Put in a pan with 800ml water and a pinch of salt. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 20-22 minutes or until the rice is tender. Drain.
Drain the pineapple and pour the juice into a measuring jug. Reserve the fruit. Make the juice up to 150ml with water and add the tomato ketchup, soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce, vinegar, honey and cornflour, stirring until it's smooth. Set aside.
Heat 1 tsp of the oil in a wok and stir-fry the turkey for 4 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from the heat and set aside.
Wipe out the wok with kitchen paper. Add the rest of the oil to the wok and stir-fry the prepared vegetables for about 3-4 minutes.
Return the turkey to the pan and add the pineapple. Stir-fry until hot.
Add the sauce and cook, stirring until it boils and thickens. Serve with the rice.