Sweetcorn cakes with avocado salsa
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander, chopped
- 115g self raising flour
- 1/2 level tsp Dr. Oetker Baking Powder
- 1/4 level tsp Colman's Dry Mustard Powder
- 75g Asda Lighter Mature Cheddar, grated
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 75ml milk
- 198g can Green Giant Sweetcorn
Cook half the onion in 1/2 tbsp of the oil in a frying pan until soft. Tip into a bowl. Halve, stone and scoop out the avocado flesh. Cut into cubes and mix with the lime juice, tomatoes, coriander and remaining onion. Set aside.
Sift the flour into a bowl. Add the baking powder, mustard and a pinch of salt. Stir in the cheese and add the eggs and milk. Beat into a batter with a thick whisk. Stir in the sweetcorn and cooked onion.
Grease the frying pan with the rest of the oil and heat until very hot. Drop the batter into the pan, 2 tbsp at a time, to make small pancakes. Cook for 2-3 minutes each side. Keep warm while you make more. Serve with the salsa.