Sweetcorn, chicken and prawn jambalaya
- 130g pack Asda Spanish Diced Chorizo
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced
- 326g tin Asda Sweetcorn in Water, drained
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 sticks celery, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1tsp dried thyme
- 2tbsp Asda Cajun Seasoning
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 250g long-grain rice, rinsed under a cold tap
- 2tbsp tomato purée
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 reduced-salt chicken stock cube dissolved in 500ml water
- 160g cooked and peeled king prawns
- 2tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
In a large frying plan, on a medium heat, fry the chorizo and chicken for 5 mins until lightly browned.
Add the sweetcorn, onion and celery. Fry for 5 mins until just softening. Add the garlic, thyme and Cajun seasoning. Cook for 2 mins. Add the pepper, rice, tomato purée and chopped tomatoes to the pan, along with the chicken stock. Bring to a boil then simmer for 20-25 mins, stirring occasionally.
Fold through the prawns and cook for 2 mins.
Stir through the parsley and serve immediately.