Sweetcorn & chicken samosas
Be the first to rate this recipe
- 2 chicken breast fillets (cut into very small pieces)
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 large onion (finely chopped)
- 1 level tsp of ground coriander
- 1 level tsp of ground cumin
- 1 level tsp of chilli powder
- 1 level tsp of turmeric
- 1 baking potato (peeled and diced)
- 326g can Asda Sweetcorn in Water (drained)
- 4 tbsp Asda Mango Chutney
- 270g pack filo pastry (defrosted if frozen)
- 25g butter (melted)
Cook the chicken in 1 tbsp of the oil over a medium heat, stirring, for 3-4 minutes. Remove from the pan. Add another 1 tbsp oil and the onion. Cook until soft.
Add the spices and cook over a low heat, stirring, for 2 minutes. Return the chicken to the pan and add the potato and 100ml water. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until the potato is tender, stirring frequently.
Tip into a bowl and add the sweetcorn and chutney. Mix together and leave to cool. Season.
Pre-heat the oven to 190C/170C Fan/Gas 5. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Cut each sheet of pastry in half to make 2 long strips. Put one on a work surface. Keep the rest covered with a clean, damp tea towel or clingfilm so that it doesn't dry out. Mix the last tbsp oil with the butter.
Put 2 tbsp of the filling at one end of the strip, leaving a 1.5cm border. Take the right corner and fold diagonally to the left to make a triangle. Then fold over in the opposite direction and continue to fold until the pastry is used up. Put on a baking tray and brush with the butter mixture.
Repeat to make a further 11 samosas. Cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until crisp and golden.