Szechuan chicken and perfect rice
Be the first to rate this recipe
- 300g basmati or long grain rice
- 2tsp rapeseed oil
- 2 large chicken breasts, diced
- 2 large spring onions, sliced
- Thumb-sized piece of ginger, peeled and grated
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red and 1 orange pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 160g Extra Special Tenderstem Broccoli, roughly chopped
- 160g sugarsnap peas, halved
- 120g pack Asda Szechuan Stir-Fry Sauce
- 2tbsp Asda Reduced Salt Soy Sauce
- Coriander, to serve
- 2tbsp unsalted peanuts, chopped
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- Lime wedges, to serve
Rinse the rice in a sieve under cold water, then tip into a saucepan with 400ml cold water, stir, then bring to the boil.
Cover, reduce the water to the water just simmers, and cook for 15 mins. Do not remove the lid or stir.
While that cooks, heat 1tsp of the oil in a wok, add the chicken and cook on a high heat, stirring, for 4-6 mins to brown. Set aside. Heat the remaining oil. Add the spring onions, ginger, garlic, peppers, broccoli and peas; stir-fry for 4 mins.
Add the chicken, plus any juices and the Szechuan and soy sauces. Bring to a simmer and cook for 3 mins.
After 15 mins, turn off the heat on the rice, remove the lid, fluff with a work and leave to steam-dry in the pan for 3 mins.
Top the stir-fry with the coriander, peanuts and chilli. Serve with the cooked rice and the lime wedges, to squeeze over.