Tagine-style orange chicken
- 1tbsp rapeseed oil
- 500g chicken breast fillets, cut into chunks
- 300g Frozen for Freshness Vegetable Base Mix
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 15g Scratch Cook frozen Chopped Ginger
- 1tbsp tomato purée
- 1 orange, zest cut into thin strips, flesh sliced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 salad tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 95g tub Asda Green Olives, halved
- 12g cinnamon sticks
- 1 reduced-salt veg stock cube, made up to 400ml
- 300g Asda Broccoli Rice
- Coriander, to serve
Heat the oil in a large casserole dish or pan. Fry the chicken for 2-3 mins until browned; remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
Add the vegetable base mix, garlic and ginger to the pan and cook for 5-6 mins until softened. Add the tomato purée, orange zest and red pepper, stirring well.
Return the chicken to the pan with the tomatoes, olives and cinnamon sticks. Pour over the stock and bring to a simmer. Season with black pepper, cover and cook on low for 18-20 mins, or until the chicken is cooked through.
Cook the broccoli rice according to the pack instructions and divide between 4 plates. Remove the cinnamon sticks, then spoon the chicken on top of the rice. Top with the orange slices and coriander, to serve.