Turkey and kale curry
- 1tsp turmeric
- 4tsp garam masala
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3cm piece of ginger, finely grated
- 200ml chicken stock
- 400ml Asda Reduced Fat Coconut Milk
- 400g Good & Balanced Chickpeas in Water, rinsed and drained
- 4 Butcher’s Selection Turkey Breast Steaks, cut into 2cm chunks
- 200g Grower’s Selection Unwashed Sliced Curly Kale, washed
- Juice of 1 lime
- 20g Grower’s Selection Thai Basil, chopped (optional)
- Sliced red chilli, to garnish (optional)
- 300g Basmati rice
Dry-fry the spices for 1 min, add oil, onion, garlic and ginger. Cook for 5 mins until the onion has softened.
Add stock, coconut milk, chickpeas and turkey. Bring to boil, simmer for 20 mins.
Stir in the kale, cook for 4 mins. Mix in the lime juice and Thai basil, if using, and garnish with chilli, if you like.
Cook the Basmati rice according to the pack, and serve with the curry.