Teriyaki steak with kale salad and cumin vinaigrette
- 100ml sake or rice wine vinegar
- 100ml dark soy sauce
- 50g caster sugar
- 4 x 227g Asda Butcher’s Selection Sirloin Steaks
- 100g kale, shredded
- 200g radish, topped and tailed and thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 little gem lettuce, cut into quarters
- 2tsp cumin seeds, toasted
- 4tsp white wine vinegar
- 4tbsp Extra Special rapeseed oil plus extra for oiling steaks
- cracked black pepper to season
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
Mix the sake, dark soy sauce and sugar together.
Put the steaks in to a ziplock bag with a third of the sauce. Seal the bag and leave to marinate in the fridge for at least 20 mins.
Put the remaining sake, dark soy sauce and sugar into a pan. Bring to the boil and cook until reduced by half. Leave to cool.
Place the kale, radish, onion and lettuce into a large salad bowl.
Put the cumin seeds, vinegar, mustard and oil into a jam jar and season, shake well.
Put the steaks on a hot barbecue or grill and brush with more sauce. Cook for 2 mins on each side, leave to rest for a couple of minutes before serving with any leftover sauce and the dressed salad.