Tex Mex hash
- 3 sweet potatoes (about 700g), peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2tbsp Mexican-style jalapeños (from a jar), finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 198g can Green Giant Salt Free Sweetcorn, drained
- 1 avocado
- Juice ½ lime
- 1tsp rapeseed oil
- 4 eggs
- 1tsp dried chilli flakes
- 4tbsp Asda 50% Less Fat Fresh Soured Cream
Put the sweet potatoes in a pan, cover with cold water and bring to a boil. Simmer for 15-20 mins until soft. Drain, steam for 5 mins, then return to the pan. Mash to a rough hash.
Stir the pepper, jalapeños, spring onions and sweetcorn into the mash and warm through on a very low heat.
Use the back of a fork to mash the avocado with the lime juice and some black pepper.
Heat the oil on a high setting in a nonstick frying pan. Fry the eggs for 2 mins or until the whites are set and the yolks are still slightly runny.
Divide the hash between 4 plates, top each with a fried egg and season with black pepper. Sprinkle the chilli flakes over the soured cream and serve on the side, along with the avocado.