Thai fish cakes
- 450g river cobbler fillets (skinless and boneless)
- 1 level tbsp Asda Red Thai Curry Paste
- 1 medium free-range egg
- 1 tbsp Thai Fish Sauce (nam pla)
- 1⁄2 lime, zest of
- 1 level tsp sugar
- 1 large red chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 50g fine green beans, thinly sliced into discs
- 150ml sunflower oil
Cut the fish into cubes and put in a food processor with the curry paste, egg, fish sauce, lime zest, sugar and a pinch of salt. Process until the mixture is finely minced.
Stir in the chilli and beans. Shape into 16 fish cakes and put them on a tray. Heat the oil in a pan and fry as many fish cakes as you can comfortably fit for 1-2 minutes on each side.
Drain on kitchen paper and serve with dipping sauce.