Thai-inspired salmon curry
- 1tsp rapeseed oil
- 4 shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 large cloves garlic, finely crushed
- 5cm thumb-sized piece ginger, finely grated
- 2tbsp Asda Red Thai Curry Paste
- 400ml reduced-fat coconut milk
- 1 Oxo 25% Less Salt Vegetable Stock Cube, made up to 300ml
- 1tbsp fish sauce
- 4 salmon fillets (skin removed), cut into 3cm chunks
- 1 aubergine, cut into 3cm chunks
- 160g Extra Special Hand Picked Tenderstem Broccoli, halved if large
- 160g sugarsnap peas
- 140g pack baby corn, halved lengthways
- Juice 1 lime, plus extra wedges to serve
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced
- Handful basil leaves, to serve
- Cooked rice, to serve (optional)
Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Add the shallots, garlic and ginger and fry for 5 mins until starting to soften but not taking on any colour.
Add the curry paste and fry for 1-2 mins until fragrant. Mix in the coconut milk, stock and fish sauce.
Bring to the boil then add the salmon, aubergine, broccoli, sugarsnaps and corn. Cover and simmer gently for 8 mins until the veg is tender and the salmon is starting to flake.
Mix through the lime juice and season to taste with black pepper.
Top the curry with the chilli, basil and a grind of pepper, then serve with lime wedges and rice, if you like.