Thai prawn curry
Be the first to rate this recipe
- 3 tbsp Asda Green Thai Curry Paste
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 stem lemongrass, stripped of leaves
- 400ml can reduced-fat coconut milk
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 red chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 1 level tsp sugar
- 1 aubergine, cut into cubes
- 350g raw king prawns, fresh or frozen
- 200g fine green beans
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- 300g Thai Jasmine rice, to serve
Put the paste and garlic in a pan and stir over a low heat for 1-2 minutes. Bash the lemongrass with a rolling pin. Add to the pan with the coconut milk, 100ml water, the lime juice, fish and soy sauces, chilli and sugar. Heat and stir until simmering, cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the aubergine and beans and simmer for 8 minutes.
Add the prawns and bring back to a simmer. Simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes until the prawns turn pink.
Add the coriander and serve with jasmine rice.