Thai prawn noodle soup
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 6 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 1 level tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 2-3 level tbsp Asda Thai Red Curry Paste
- 400ml can reduced-fat coconut milk
- 500ml vegetable stock, made with 1 cube
- 1 bunch Asda Chosen by you Udon Noodles (about 82g)
- 1 tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 1 lime, zest and juice of
- 100g mangetout, sliced
- 100g beansprouts
- 1 head pak choi, sliced
- 190g pack raw peeled king prawns
- 4 tbsp chopped coriander, plus extra to garnish
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh mint, plus extra to garnish
- 2 red chillies, de-seeded and finely chopped, plus extra to garnish
- 25g salted peanuts, roughly chopped
Heat the oil in a pan, add the spring onions and ginger and cook over a low heat for 1 minute, stirring all the time. Add the curry paste and cook for another minute.
Add the coconut milk and stock and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, cook the udon noodles as instructed. Drain.
Add the Thai fish sauce, lime zest and juice, mangetout, beansprouts and pak choi to the coconut milk and simmer for 4 minutes. Add the prawns, coriander, mint and chillies and simmer until the prawns turn pink and everything in the soup is hot.
Divide the noodles between 4 bowls and pour the soup on top. Serve sprinkled with the peanuts and garnish with extra fresh herbs and chilli.