Thai-style butternut squash soup & cheese twists
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2-3 tbsp Asda Chosen by you Red Thai Curry Paste
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and sliced
- 100g carrots, sliced
- 500g butternut squash (weighed flesh only), cubed
- 300ml vegetable stock (made with 1 stock cube)
- 400ml can reduced-fat coconut milk
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
Heat the oil in a pan and gently fry the onion until soft. Add the curry paste, stirring for another minute.
Add the sweet potato, carrots, squash, stock and coconut milk and heat until simmering. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are really tender.
Cool for 20 minutes, then purée the soup with a hand-held blender or in a food processor.
Stir in half the coriander and sprinkle the rest on top. Serve with cheese twists.
For the cheese twists:
Roll out some ready-made puff pastry on a lightly floured surface to the thickness of a £1 coin, then brush with a little beaten egg. Sprinkle grated mature Cheddar mixed with grated Parmesan on top and press down lightly. Cut into 1cm-wide strips, twist and bake on a lined baking tray at 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6 until crisp and golden.