Thai turkey meatball broth
- 300g leftover cooked turkey, finely shredded
- 100g leftover stuffing
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 reduced-salt chicken stock cubes
- 2cm piece ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 1 lemongrass, woody end removed, finely chopped
- 8 leftover cooked Brussels sprouts, cut in half
- 1 leftover cooked carrot, cut into cubes
- 200ml reduced-fat coconut milk
- 4 sprigs Thai basil, leaves picked
- Juice 1 lime
Mix together the turkey, stuffing and egg until well combined. Roll into meatballs and set aside.
In a large pan, dissolve the stock cubes in 600ml boiling water. Stir through the ginger, chilli, spring onion and lemongrass. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 mins.
Add the meatballs, sprouts and carrot and simmer for 10 mins. Add the coconut milk and heat through again.
Take off the heat, stir through the basil and lime juice and serve immediately sprinkled with black pepper.