The ultimate Christmas sarnie
- 1 Extra Special Reduced Fat Pork Sausage, skinned
- 15g white breadcrumbs
- 1/4 onion, finely chopped
- 4 sage leaves, finely chopped
- 25g Merchant Gourmet Whole Chestnuts, chopped
- 2 large Brussels sprouts, trimmed and finely shredded
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1 tbsp toasted flaked almonds
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 slices Extra Special Malted Grain Sliced Loaf, buttered
- 2 slices roast turkey
- 2 tbsp luxury cranberry sauce
Pre-heat the oven to 200C/180 Fan/Gas 6. In a bowl, mix the sausage meat, breadcrumbs, onion, sage and chestnuts. Roll into 8 small balls. Spread out on a baking tray and cook for 18-20 minutes until golden brown.
Mix the sprouts, carrot and almonds in a bowl.
In a separate bowl, whisk the vinegar, honey, mustard and oil. Season, pour over the sprout mixture and toss together.
Make your triple-decker sandwich with the sprout slaw on one layer, and turkey with a little cranberry sauce on the other. Serve with the stuffing balls and the rest of the cranberry sauce to dip.